The proven IMU-based track geometry measuring system calculates the track geometry between fixed points. lntegrating fixed points enables verification of the absolute track geometry in space. With this data, a tamping machine can work according to the precision method, guided by fixed points. The fixed-point measuring system completes automated track geometry measurement and is essential for modern measurement of the entire track infrastructure. This is particularly true of high-speed lines. As a result, the labour-intensive and time-consuming manual work needed to calculate the absolute track geometry is a thing of the past.
- Measuring speeds of up to 100 km/h
- Save on operating staff thanks to the high degree of automation
- Can be used during regular train operation - no track possession necessary
- Reliable self-lighting allows day-time and night-time operation
- All relevant working parameters can be stored in a track geometry database and are therefore accessible at all times.
- The working parameters for the next tamping process (lifting and lining values) are generated directly on the machine.
- Additional calibration between the mast bolt and the marker is not required.
- The system can be used flexibly: as a track geometry monitoring system on a track inspection vehicle or directly on a tamping machine for direct pre-measuring and post-measuring in the worksite area.
- Damaged markers are automatically detected during regular operation, and information is sent to the operator.
- No need for staff on the line or in the danger zone
The system functions with ultra-reflective reference markers that have been placed on the fixed points of the line. These reference markers are captured by a system consisting of stereo cameras and high exposure. lt records the horizontal and vertical distances between the fixed point and the rail.
Deviations between the actual and the target geometry and thus the track correction values will be calculated automatically and transferred to the track geometry database. Afterwards, tamping can be carried out based on the calculated working parameters.