- Conventional lines
- Heavy haul
- High speed
- Field of application
- Working mode
- Continuous action
- High screening quality due to self-levelling shaker box with over 30 square yards of screening surface
- Three layer screen design ensures maximum ballast recovery
- Optional crib buster can handle heavily fouled and encrusted ballast bed
- Short set-up and tear-down times maximize track availability
- Innovative cutter bar design allows a consistent cutting depth and slope ensuring a better cleaning result
- Slewable waste discharger conveyer allows to dump waste material on both sides of the track
The RM 80 is a well proven, high-performance Ballast Cleaning machine that gives top quality results in the toughest operating conditions. The high-powered cutting chain and specially designed screening unit ensures high working speeds, even in heavily fouled, encrusted ballast. The RM 80’s 50 mph travel speed and short setup and knock down times allow maximum utilization of available track time.
The RM 80 is equipped with a track lifting and slewing device that allows the track to be lifted to reduce the cutting depth when required, and to be shifted laterally as required to clear track side obstacles. The RM 80’s slewable waste discharge conveyor allows waste material to be discharged to either side onto the right-of-way or into open top railway cars. The discharge conveyor is quickly folded down for travel, thus eliminating the need for an additional flat car as a buffer car. The front waste discharge position provides an additional margin of ballast cleanliness, as any waste material that may fall into the track is removed during the normal work process.
|Performance||up to 900||ft/hour*|
|Axle Distance||75' 5"|
|Travel Speed||up to 50||mph|
|Max. working radius||7||degrees|
|Max. travel radius||11,7||degrees|
* depending on ballast fouling and excavation depth
To download a fact sheet on this machine, please enter your contact details.